• Previous experience working in a kitchen environment in either a restaurant hotel or catering. • Excellent HACCP & Hygiene practices • A passion for cooking and want to progress your career. • Excellent English both written and oral • Be a real team player but can also work on own initiative. • A strong willingness to learn. • Excellent organisational skills
- Responsible to ensure that food hygiene standards are implemented, maintained and that all records are completed in line comply with company procedures, E.H.O, Q.A, and H.A.C.C.P requirements.
- Ensure an excellent level of cleanliness throughout the business by maintaining a written cleaning schedule. Ensure COSHH regulations are up to date and guidelines in the use of PPE are accurate.
- Be a role model for the principals and implementation of all Food Safety systems and practices.
- Always be available to deal with any concerns that customers may have and seek a solution to every issue that goes beyond what might ordinarily be expected displaying a positive and committed attitude to customer care. Reassure customers/clients and staff by projecting a smart and authoritative image.
Qualifications, Experience and Training
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Commis Chef plus a good track record within Catering environment.
- Experience in a variety of cuisines.
- Experience in menu design and implementation and food costing.
- Interest and ability to train others.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviour
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements and legislation.
- Good working knowledge & experience of HACCP and ISO systems and procedures.