You must have at least 2 years of experience working as a Chef in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent standards and presentation skills. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic company.
We offer a fantastic line of progression within the chef field, after recently being approved for City & Guilds accreditation.
- Responsible to ensure that food hygiene standards are implemented, maintained and that all records are completed in line comply with company procedures, E.H.O, Q.A, and H.A.C.C.P requirements.
- Ensure an excellent level of cleanliness throughout the business by maintaining a written cleaning schedule. Ensure COSHH regulations are up to date and guidelines in the use of PPE are accurate.
- Be a role model for the principals and implementation of all Food Safety systems and practices.
- Always be available to deal with any concerns that customers may have and seek a solution to every issue that goes beyond what might ordinarily be expected displaying a positive and committed attitude to customer care. Reassure customers/clients and staff by projecting a smart and authoritative image.
Qualifications, Experience and Training
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Commis Chef plus a good track record within Catering environment.
- Experience in a variety of cuisines.
- Experience in menu design and implementation and food costing.
- Interest and ability to train others.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviour
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements and legislation.
- Good working knowledge & experience of HACCP and ISO systems and procedures.