SENIOR SOUS CHEF REPORTING TO: SENIOR HEAD CHEF
Key Areas Of Responsibility •
A professional chef who can produce menu and food items to meet the standards of the Senior Head Chef with the aim of exceeding our guests' expectations in a timely manner and in the quantities needed.
• Maintain and exceed the established standards of food hygiene, cleaning and food handling which meet current standards of legislation and compliance.
The Role Includes
• Following the guidance of the Senior Head Chef in the preparation, execution and presentation of all menu dishes and other products made within the kitchen.
• Optimising the cooking processes with attention to speed, quality, deliver and energy and sustainability efficiencies.
• Enforcing strict health and hygiene standards and maintaining impeccable quality standards within the kitchen and service areas at all times, including overseeing a weekly deep cleaning schedule.
• Being part of a culture of collaborative team cooperation, communication, training & mentoring within the kitchen and service areas and with the store team as a whole.
• Appreciation of the importance of achieving agreed gross margin, the pricing of dishes, from order to execution.
• Meeting budgets and agreed targets.
• Compliance with all legislation and operating guidelines. Requirements
• Proven experience and responsibility in a busy, fast paced kitchen.
• Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
• Knowledge of best cooking practices and understanding of trends and new styles.
• Attention to detail and high standards of presentation, creative flair and imagination.
• Able to work effectively as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to continually improve; cheerful, reliable and articulate
. • Food Hygiene qualifications and professional cooking qualification